Happy New Year!
2020 is here!
I can’t believe it is 2020 already! The past year seems to have gone so quickly. I managed to stick to a couple of last year’s resolutions; I did post more on my blog, though admittedly not as much as I had planned, I did submit more short stories and successfully had one published, and I completed Wolfrik! So here are my new year’s resolutions for 2020, with some repeated from last year:
1. Update my blog more often! This is something I want to improve on from last year, I really should update more and if I am sticking to my other resolutions as well, then I should have more to write about with any luck!
2. Read more. I still have a huge pile of shame of unread books, but I have been reading a bit more lately. After watching Netflix’s adaptation The Witcher, it made me want to read the books (I’ve already played the games) and so far I’m enjoying the series by Andrzej Sapkowski. My brother in law also recommended Choose Yourself by James Altucher, so I am looking forward to reading that too.
3. Submit more short stories. I’ve got plenty of ideas for short stories, so I’ve got no excuse to not be writing more. I also have a few completed that I haven’t submitted yet, so I should start sending those out too. Hopefully, I’ll have more success in this year and see some more of my stories being published.
4. Finish NaNoWriMo properly. Once again, I didn’t finish NaNoWriMo last year, but I did improve on my previous total and it was this push that made me finally finish my first draft of Wolfrik. This year, however, I’d love to reach that 50k!
5. Revise Vulpini and Wolfrik. I want to revisit where the first novel ends and the second begins and see if I can find a better fit for both stories. I also want to get feedback on both and improve the stories based on the criticism I receive.
I also start my new job next week, so there will be a lot of changes for me but I am still super excited. I am sad to be leaving my GAME family behind as I have so many friends there, but this is something I want to do and I think it’ll be the start of a great new career for me.
Happy New Year everyone!